Activity Provided By
Wild Iris Medical Education
Overview / Abstract
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize the characteristics, progression, epidemiology, pathophysiology, and public health impact of Alzheimer's disease (AD).
- Discuss the psychosocial and financial burden on family and caregivers.
- List available medical therapies, including their risks and benefits.
- Name strategies of effective communication and behavior management for the person who has AD.
- Spell out effective ways to assist with activities of daily living and maintenance of independence.
- Discuss ethical issues in caring for the AD client, including end-of-life care.
Credits / Hours
Is This Activity Certified for "Live" Credit?
Presenters / Authors / Faculty
Nancy Evans, BS
Activity Specialities / Related Topics
Psychiatry / Mental Health, Palliative Care / Hospice, Geriatrics / LTC, Alzheimers / Dementia
Nurse Practitioner , Nursing CNE, Respiratory Therapy CE