Activity Provided By
The Collaborative Education Institute / CEI
Overview / Abstract
Upon successful completion of this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
1. Discuss the prevalence of migraine and the societal impact in terms of disability, work loss, and health care expenditures.
2. Review the current understanding of migraine's pathophysiology
3. Describe validated tools to improve screening and diagnosis of migraine
4. Summarize the U.S. Headache Consortium's evidence-based migraine treatment guidelines and evolving, novel treatment approaches such as stratified-care and early intervention
5. Review the role of various treatment options for migraine, including newer migraine-specific prescription medications.
6. Utilize tools to teach student pharmacists to quickly assess patients who present with a complaint of headache
Credits / Hours
1 contact hour of continuing pharmacy education credit (0.1 CEU)
Is This Activity Certified for "Live" Credit?
Presenters / Authors / Faculty
Richard Wenzel, Pharm.D. Pharmacist, Diamond Headache Clinic Inpatient Unit
Activity Specialities / Related Topics